Team policies help ensure privacy compliance across your team.
Enforce private snippets and labels
Turning on the Enforce Private Snippets/Labels policy restricts the ability of team members to create public snippets and labels.
- Locks the Private toggle in the on position when creating a snippet.
- Locks the Private toggle on the on position when editing a snippet.
- Locks the Private Label toggle on the on position when creating a label.
- Locks the Private Label toggle on the on position when editing a label.
- Removes the Share File button on snippet files.
- Prevents any integrations (VSCode, IntelliJ, Chrome) from creating public snippets for the team library.
Enabling the policy
You can enable the policy either when creating the team or by editing team settings.
When creating a team
The policy can be turned on in the Settings step of creating a team.
For an existing team
- Click on the settings button next to the team title in the left-hand sidebar to open up Team Settings.
- Select Policies in the navigation menu.
- Toggle on Enforce Private Snippets/Labels.
- Click Save Settings.